To get a chance to compete by performing at the Korean Cultural Festival 2017 which will be held on 1 July 2017 at Bishop’s College Auditorium, please submit the Application Form with your Audition Video link by Sunday, 30 April 2017 to email@example.com.
* The Application Form can be downloaded on the Embassy website :
Please read the following instructions carefully.
The Festival is hosted by the Korean Embassy in Colombo and it serves as the National Preliminary Round for the K-Pop World Festival 2017. A select number of online audition participants will be invited to compete by performing in front of judges and general audiences.
1. Eligibility :
To participate as a performer (individual or team), you must be of Sri-Lankan origin, living in Sri Lanka and over 15 years of age.
2. Online Audition Video :
Prepare and upload your performance video (ideally between 5-6 minutes) on YouTube and let us know the link through the Application Form. Alternatively, post your CD with the Application Form to the Embassy at 98 Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 7. The Online Audition is for screening purpose only, and if you wish, you may prepare and perform a different item at the Festival should you be selected, with the approval of the Embassy.
3. Application Deadline :
Midnight (24:00) Sunday, 30 April 2017.
4. Result Announcement :
The Online Audition result will be announced and personally informed to you by Tuesday, 9 May 2017 (tentative).
* For further inquiries, you may contact the Embassy on phone 011-2699-036~8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Follow K-POP World Festival’s official website for video clips of the former performance:
We look forward to meeting many of Sri Lanka’s K-Pop talents soon !
[Q & A]
Some have asked similar questions for the last festival – we hope you find the following answers useful.
1. If you feel compelled to, you may send in both your Vocal and Vocal with Dance category videos (i.e. 2 different videos). However, only one ‘item’ will make to the live stage competition.. In other words, no participant will have double performance.
2. You can participate as solo, with no ‘team members’.
3. As for the ‘Vocal with Dance’ category, you are required to sing as well as dance. Of course, you can include some moves (but not main) with Vocal only category. No Dance only category.
4. With the choice of songs, any version is fine including Teledrama OSTs – as long as they are considered ‘K-pop’.
5. Those with a foreign nationality may participate in the online audition, however due to the regulations from the headquarters in Korea, one would not be able to ‘represent’ Sri Lanka as a winner of the qualifier. If this is not a concern, we are happy to have you.
6. The Online Audition Video has to be a non-edited ‘live performance’.
Once again, thank you for your interest and support.
Source – Korean Embsay in Sri Lanka