[An Open Invitation to all K-Pop lovers from Sri Lanka]
National Preliminary Round for K-Pop World Festival 2016
To get a chance to compete by performing at 2016 Korean Cultural Festival in the near future (date to be announced soon), please submit your Audition Video with the Application Form by Thursday (midnight) June 16, 2016 of which may be downloaded from the Embassy website.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
The National Preliminary Round for the K-Pop World Festival 2016 will be held on the day of the Festival. A select number of online audition participants will be invited by the Embassy to compete while performing in front of judges and general audiences at a venue in Colombo which is soon to be announced.
1. Eligibility :
To participate as a performer (individual or team), you must be of Sri-Lankan origin, living in Sri Lanka and over 15 years of age.
2. Online Audition Video :
Prepare and upload your performance video (ideally between 5-10 mins’) on YouTube or alternatively, post your CD to the Embassy. The Online Audition is for screening purposes only, and if you wish, you may prepare and perform a different item at the Festival should you be selected, with the approval of the Embassy.
3. Application Deadline :
Midnight (24:00) Thursday, June 16, 2016.
Please send us an email with the application form by the above deadline.The Application Form can be downloaded on the Embassy website : http://lka.mofa.go.kr/english/as/lka/main/index.jsp
4. Result Announcement :
The Online Audition result will be announced and personally informed to you by Friday, June 24, 2016.
*For further inquiries, you may contact the Embassy on phone 011-2699-036~8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Follow K-POP World Festival 2016’s official Facebook page:
*For a full video clip of K-Pop World Festival 2015:
[K-POP Sri Lanka 2016 : Q & A]
Some have asked similar questions – we hope you find the following answers useful.
1. If you feel compelled to, you may send in both your Vocal and Vocal with Dance category videos (ie. 2 different videos) however, only 1 performance or an ‘item’ will make to the live stage competition on Saturday, July 23rd 2016. In other words, no participant will have double performance.
2. You can participate as solo, with no ‘team members’ for both vocal and dance category.
3. As for the ‘Vocal with Dance’ category, you are required to “sing” as well as dance as per description ; otherwise, you may go with Vocal category, and still include your moves.
4. With the choice of songs, any version is fine including teledrama OSTs – as long as they are considered ‘K-pop’.
5. Those with a foreign nationality may participate in the online audition, however due to the regulations from the headquarter in Korea, one would not be able to ‘represent’ Sri Lanka as a winner of the qualifier. If this is not a concern, we are happy to have you.
6. The Online Audition Video has to be a non-edited ‘live performance’.
7. On July 23, the day will be solely dedicated to K-pop competition ; and this year, there is no ‘Quiz on Korea’ taking place.
Once again, thank you for your interest and support.
[K-Pop] Audition Video Deadline: June 16th
We are pleased to know that so many of you are interested in the Korean Cultural Festival on July 23, 2016 at Musaeus College Auditorium.
Please remember- to get a chance to perform on stage live, you must email us your Audition Video with the Application Form by Thursday, June 16
Thank you again for all your support and enthusiasm – we look forward to meeting you soon !
Our email : email@example.com
Source – Korean Embassy