To get a chance to compete by performing at the Korean Cultural Festival 2018, which will be held on 14 July 2018 at the Bishop’s College Auditorium, please submit the Application Form with your Audition Video link by Friday, 27 April 2018 to email@example.com.
Please read the following instructions carefully :
The Festival is hosted by the Korean Embassy in Colombo and it serves as the National Preliminary Round for the K-Pop World Festival 2018. A selected number of online audition participants will be invited to compete by performing in front of judges and general audiences.
1. Eligibility :
To participate as a performer (individual or team), you must be of Sri-Lankan origin, living in Sri Lanka and over 15 years of age.
2. Online Audition Video :
Prepare and upload your performance video (ideally between 5-6 minutes) on YouTube and let us know the link through the Application Form. Alternatively, post your CD, USB or Flash disk with the Application Form to the Embassy at 98 Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 7. The Online Audition is for screening purposes only, and if you wish, you may prepare and perform a different item at the Festival should you be selected, with the approval of the Embassy.
3. Application Deadline :
Midnight (24:00) Friday, 27 April 2018.
4. Result Announcement :
The Online Audition result will be personally informed to you by Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
* For further inquiries, you may contact the Embassy on phone 011-2699-036~8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Follow K-POP World Festival’s official website for video clips of the former performances:
We look forward to meeting many of Sri Lanka’s K-Pop talents soon !
[Q & A]
Some have asked similar questions for the last festival – we hope you find the following answers useful.
1. If you feel compelled to, you may send in both your Vocal and Vocal with Dance category videos (i.e. 2 different videos). However, only one ‘item’ will make it to the live stage competition. In other words, no participant will have a double performance.
2. You can participate as solo, with no ‘team members’.
3. As for the ‘Vocal with Dance’ category, you are required to sing as well as dance. Of course, you can include some moves (but not main) with Vocal only category.
4. With the choice of songs, any version is fine including TV drama OSTs – as long as they are considered ‘K-pop’.
5. The Online Audition Video has to be a non-edited ‘live performance’.
6. All documents submitted will NOT be returned to the applicants.
Please, refer to website for Application form.
Once again, thank you for your interest and support.